Steam Client Update Released
A new Steam client has been released and will be automatically downloaded.
Remote Play Together
- Fixed the overlay not working correctly or crashing some DXGI/DX12 games in upcoming Windows Insider builds.
- Support a LAN event using DNS injection on lancache.steamcontent.com to set up a local explicit caching proxy for downloads.
- Fixed "Open the screenshot uploader after closing a game if screenshots were taken" setting not being honored in some cases
- Added sort by Steam Review to shelves and app grids.
- Added Library What’s New settings dialog which makes it easier to find and manage per-game news priorities
- Added a setting to show only product updates in Library What’s New
- Added Windows drive letter to the "Size on Disk" label shown on installed game portraits.
- Played/Unplayed filters no longer include/exclude games that were installed but never actually played
- Improved performance of library artwork precacher
- Improved library filtering for Korean game titles when typing in Hangul.
- Fixed an issue where removing the last non-Steam game from a collection would cause it to spontaneously reappear at a later time.
- Fixed non-Steam games with the "Include in VR Library" checkbox checked not appearing in dynamic collections with VR hardware support selected
- Fixed hidden achievements sometimes still appearing as hidden in the activity feed even after being achieved
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the wrong audio to play from a multi-disc soundtrack when playing an individual track
- Fixed games that have updates set to "Only update this game when I launch it" not showing in blue in the game list when an update is required
- Fixed the "View Additional Artwork" button not working correctly for some soundtracks.
- Fixed some partner event summaries not rendering properly in the activity feed and What's New section
- Added [h2] and [h3] rendering for partner events and announcements
- Fixed a case where changes to game collections were not reflected in Big Picture Mode.
- Fixed cursor scale on different resolution displays
- Added client-side screen magnifier for the toggle magnification controller binding
Remote Play Together
- The host can see all controllers connected in the Remote Play Together session.
- The host can drag and drop any player's controller to change its slot. This helps some games where the first identified controller or the first slot is locked to the primary game character and the group only brought a single controller. This also help cases where a player leaves the session with their controller and the host needs to take over input in the abandoned slot.
- Added error message when trying to join a game that is unavailable due to country or Family View restrictions.
- Only execute steam-runtime-system-info when needed for diagnostics.
- Initiate steam-runtime-system-info only when needed.
- Fixed a crash while preparing the hardware survey
- Fixed Steam Library on some NFS mounts
- Fixed a crash caused by certain types of P2P connection failures