Steam Client Update Released
A new Steam client has been released and will be automatically downloaded.
Remote Play Together
- Fix URL bar displaying on HTTPS pages when ‘Display Steam URL’ setting is disabled. Steam URL bar will now respect the setting unless on a page with a security issue in which case it will always show to display the error.
- Fix steamwebhelper crash causes when requests are unexpectedly canceled.
- Allow creating shelves for shared libraries.
- Disable screenshot slideshow in app hovers if Low Bandwidth or Low Performance mode is enabled.
- Fix some cases where mismatched header images were cached for some games.
- Fix duplicated game activity items from sometimes appearing.
- Allow Family Sharing of tools.
- Fix new categories created in small mode or Big Picture mode not being properly saved when switching to normal mode.
- Fix recently played but disallowed by Family View games not appearing in the Recent Games shelf (or the MRU jump list) when Family View is enabled at startup.
- Fix rendering of steam award images in news updates.
Remote Play Together
- Hosting on Windows and Linux automatically starts a Steam Voice chat with invited players when available. Invited Friends can optionally join and accept the voice chat in a single click.
- Players in the session are visible to all players for adjusting Steam Voice Chat mic volumes.
- All players’ status is now updated to show that they are playing the game together in the Friends List.
- Fixed host not being able to adjust the last player's input settings in some cases.
- More players fit in the vertical scrolling area.
- When a Remote Play Together session is already running, trying to invite a different friend to a different game allows the host to easily end the existing stream.
- Game volume and fullscreen/windowed preferences are remembered across sessions for the client.
- Family Sharing can now be used in conjunction with Remote Play Together.
- Update steam runtime and container runtime (0.20191119.3): improved graphics drivers diagnostics.
- Implement a workaround for filesystems with failing 32 bit statfs64 calls (free disk space checks).
- steam runtime 0.20191210.1: gnutls update to support Proton, further improvements to steam-runtime-system-info.